Please contact us now. We will be happy to advise you without obligation!
Enter keyword and press "Enter" to search
It is not unusual for patients to come to our private clinic for plastic and aesthetic surgery in Berlin to inquire about a neck lift, usually in conjunction with a facelift. Although scarves, shawls, turtlenecks or beautiful jewellery can offer slight reprieve when it comes to concealing the aging skin on the neck and the first wrinkles, once you reach a certain point it is no longer enough. More and more often women and men decide to counteract the natural aging process by means of a facelift and neck lift.Continue reading
Duration of the operation: approx. 3 to 4 hours
Length of stay in the clinic: 1 night
Anaesthesia: general or local anaesthesia in twilight sleep
Follow-up treatment: decongestant measures for 2 – 3 days
Resumption of social activities: after approx. 14 days, depending on extent & additional interventions
Regardless of whether you opt for a minimally invasive method or a surgical procedure, at the Sinis Clinic you will receive detailed information prior to treatment during a personal consultation. First of all, an examination of your general state of health will be carried out and the current tissue and skin structure will be examined and analyzed so that the appropriate neck lift method can be determined and the course of treatment can be planned precisely. In addition to the extent of the procedure, your personal expectations and requirements will also be defined. Furthermore, it is extremely important that you inform us about your medical history in order to avoid possible complications during the anesthesia: Whether you have allergies or drug intolerances? Whether you have any acute or chronic illnesses? Whether you have already undergone surgery? Whether you need to take medication regularly? Once all the necessary information has been gathered and questions clarified, you will then be given comprehensive information about possible neck lift methods and their procedures. You will also learn about alternative treatment options such as plasma treatment. In addition, you will be informed about the possible methods, the surgical procedure, the pre- and aftercare, the risks and side effects, the anesthesia procedure and finally detailed information about the costs involved. Of course, you can express your concerns and fears at any time and ask any questions that may be bothering you. As soon as the surgery date approaches, you should take some precautionary measures yourself, as your own responsible behavior before the procedure will make a significant contribution to the smooth running of the operation. About two weeks before the operation, it is advisable to refrain from smoking and alcoholic beverages as far as possible. The same applies to blood-thinning medication, vaccinations, painkillers and sleeping pills. It would also be a good idea to start alternating showers three weeks before the operation and to continue them after the operation – this will improve the blood supply to your skin and thus promote faster wound healing. On the day of surgery, wash your face, neck and décolleté thoroughly with soap and water and do not use creams or other cosmetic products.
Depending on the desired treatment result, we can resort to different methods and techniques in the field of neck lift:
(1) Liposculpturing and tightening: excess fat is suctioned out through a small incision under the chin. In addition, skin tightening can be performed if the skin is not elastic enough and cannot adapt to the new neck line.
(2) Neck lift from the ear: In this method, the skin is tightened over the skin incisions behind the ears, and the platysma muscle (neck muscle) can also be shortened here. To achieve a harmonious overall result, a facelift incision is also applied sometimes.
(3) Shortening of the neck muscle and tightening from the chin: The excess skin is removed through a horizontal skin incision about five centimeters long under the chin, and here, as in method 2, the neck muscle can also be shortened and tightened.
(4) MACS-Lift (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension): Here, special sutures are inserted by means of a minimal incision to achieve the neck lift – this method is also known as a mini-lift. However, as this option is not suitable for everyone, it is only possible to make a meaningful assessment of whether the MACS lift would be suitable for you after a thorough medical examination.
(5) SMAS-Lift (Superficial MusculoAponeurotic System): This is a special skin tightening procedure that is also not suitable for all skin types. In this procedure, the skin, the SMAS tissue (the superficial connective tissue layer) and the underlying layer are first separated. The SMAS tissue is then tightened and reattached. Very natural and long-lasting results can be achieved with this complex method.
Which procedure would be best for you can only be determined through a careful, medical examination.
If the double chin is not yet very pronounced and the skin has not yet aged and sagged too much, you should not think about a surgical procedure. Instead, it is recommended to resort to the available alternative methods. The following methods can be used in our clinic:
(1) Ultrasound: with the help of ultrasound, the so-called therapeutic heat is directed into the deep layers of the skin, which can stimulate the formation of collagen and consequently tighten the skin. The tightening effect becomes noticeable in the course of the following six months and can last up to two years.
(2) Autologous blood treatment: In the so-called vampire lifting, the blood is first taken from you, processed immediately afterwards and injected directly into the skin, which ultimately provides a tightening effect.
(3) Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid is injected under the skin, which is tightened in this way. However, the treatment usually has to be repeated every year, as the tightening effect wears off rather quickly.
However, a non-invasive method will not give comparable results to a surgical procedure.
As described above, we administer decongestant measures. These include so-called non-steroidal anti-rheumatic drugs (anti-inflammatory drugs). Patients should sleep with slightly elevated upper body for 2 weeks after the operation. In addition, during the post procedure period, patients should cool the area intensively at home. As homeopathic agents, arnica and ginger tea can also promote healing and help with the swelling after a neck lift.The patient can also help to make the operation a success. If scar creams and scar plasters are used regularly, the scar will no longer be visible after a few weeks and the neck can be perfectly restored.
I am at your disposal for an extensive consultation in my private clinic for plastic and aesthetic surgery in Berlin Dahlem. You can also get more information about the costs there.
A double chin lift by means of liposuction will generate the cost of at least 1200 euros, depending on the extent of the surgery. Basically, the more complex the procedure, the more costly it will be. During a personal consultation you will receive a non-binding cost estimate.